Tuesday, April 24, 2012

As a Research Associate in Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Technology



First of all I would like to greet all of those who are liking my posts and also those who are not :) about the geekians . I would like to share with you my experience as a Research Associate in Faculty of Engineering Science Department at Giki . In addition I would also share with you the study experience at Linkoping University Sweden where I did my Masters in Electrical ( Wireless Networks and Electronics ).

                                 
I started my job in Giki in January 2012 and since then I have been meeting different faculty member as well who are also newly inducted RA like me .They are from different Universities in Sweden , Finland , Australia , Canada e.t.c. I live in a flat which has spacious rooms. Although Topi is very beautifull city however still I am away from my city and their is a feeling of isolation over here.

I have met quite a few Professor in the University and I find them traveling around the world for research conferences. I sometime feel that arem't the so lucky ?

When I had to come to Giki for my interview I followed the map on Giki website , but to my disappointment the map was misleading and I was 1 hour late but still manage to reach Giki for interview on time. The reason for this sucess was that I kept a 2 hour margin before leaving for Giki.

Guidlines to Reach Giki .

From Islamabad goto the Islamabad Peshawar motorway . When you reach the chach interchange in Swabi , you should exit from their and take a right turn from a roundabout . Keep on moving straight on a road on whoe both sides you will see a lot of fields. Finally you will enter the Ghazi bazar , from the Ghazi bazar you still have to move straight and you will reach a small bridge with the sign board of Giki . From that bridge turn toward the road leading to Giki and keep on going straight and when the road reached the end take a right turn and you will see the Giki gate on your left side . If you keep on going straight leaving behind the Giki , you will reach the right bank colony.

Guidelines to Leave Giki

If you want to leave Giki and reach back to Islamabad you should pay the Chinchi 60 Rs and the driver of Chinchi will find you a Hiace which will be going to Rawalpindi . It will take 150 Rs fare from you only but will be a bit uncomfortable. In Islamabad it will stop at Golra Mor and Perwadhai ada.

                                   
The Gate of Ghulam Ishaq Kahn Institute of Science and Technology

                                              
The Clock Tower call Logik just next to the Giki gate

                              
Aerial view of the FES department in which I have my office
                               
This is my Faculty where I had my intervew

Ok now comming back to the day I had interview , I had to simply give presentation on my thesis in the conference room infont of the Dean and the professors and they asked me questions from my thesis . Well I was luck because I was not asked any tough questions at all .

After the presentation I had the meeting with the Rector , Pro Rector , Dean , Manager HR in the Rector's office and I was given the offer to join. I was asked to stay in the guest house for 2 weeks while I shifted my furniture to my flat.

In the quest room I felt very pleasant however at about 2 am at night I heard noises which where very strange and it sounded like an angry mob e.t.c. however in reality it was the sound of wild animals wandering around in Giki from the jungle in the mountain nearby. I felt a little scared to get out of the guest house at night as i didn't wanted to be caught by a pack of dogs or pigs.



1 comment:

  1. Respected,
    I just read very informative Blog about Giki. I write biographies on Pakistan Leaders. Now, I am writing on Honorable EX-Pres. G.I.Khan.
    I have some questions. May you cooperate with me. Would you like to contact my e-mail : arifjml2@gmail.com
    I am awaiting your positive response earliest or within a day.
    Take Care and Regards,
    Arif Jameel

    Note: in my e-mail (jml ... means.....Jameel) then 2.

    ReplyDelete